Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Freedom for Jakub Fabian Skrzypski

3:01 PM Posted by zatin abdullah , , No comments
Jakub Fabian Skrzypski is one of my friend from Poland, I known him since 2011 through a website to host people when they travel to your country. we can host them or just meet up for sharing culture, learn language etc. I love this website because even I don't travel abroad frequently but I learn culture and language to the right person. I even hosted more then 10 persons in my house from different country like America, Poland, Germany, British, Malaysia and Rusia. All of them showed good attitude, polite and good friend. 

From all of them, Jakub is special, even we known each other since 2011 but we still have good communication till now, he love to learn language, he can speak Indonesia, Java and bit Aceh ( my language). He keep contacting me whenever he travel around Indonesia, even just asked me "Pue Haba" (how are you). He like to discuss with me about humanitarian issued as he known I am working for humanitarian organization. 

We talked about conflict in Aceh, he asked me a lot and sometimes I cant answer it and when I am stack with his curiosity or even bored then I asked him " why do you asked me about this and why do you want to know about conflict in Aceh?. He said "I want to compare between Papua and Aceh or other place I have visited about conflict and why that happened" Then I asked him again " what are you doing in Papua, he said" Just jalan - jalan (traveling) visiting remote villages to see the true Papua.

I still remembered his question about to chose destination to travel" would you tell me a bit, how did you make the choice of place to visit and how did you like it" when I told him I want to visit India next year. I explain my reason:
I explain how is the idea to visit India then I told him the most important for me while travel is to meet people  and sharing about thing, sharing smile and story this is the best part. I like the process of every moment, I like when I have to carry my heavy bag and walk fast. most of that to re charge mind to be fresh.
Then Jacob said " I have been doing similar things, with similar idea".
Our last communication was on August 2018,  he send me several picture of book about Aceh and asked me who is the people on the picture. I suggest him to visiting Aceh but due to his short money he has, so he cannot visiting Aceh right now. he visited Aceh on December 2015.

Then after that date I never hear from him anymore, and I almost forget him because of my work then I remember him  suddenly on September 14, 2018. Why he never inform me what happening, I known he is in Papua still because he told me he was in Sentani Jayapura. I text him on his what apps and he never read it. I felt worried then I tried to search on google "turis polandia di papua" (Polish in Papua) what make me shock is he as in prison in Jayapura now. He was arrested in Wamena in late August 2018 on suspicion of being a journalist. Police allege Jakob met with members of an armed pro-independence Papuan group, and was involved in an ammunition deal. To see someone picture with gun on on his social media is not evidence to accused that person belong to separatist 

I am not his supporter, I am just his friend who communicated with him since 2011 and i feel there is a mistake to put him in jail, because:
  1. He is just a tourist not a journalist 
  2. He just traveling, taking picture and talking to people, as he told me he just "jalan - jalan" (traveling) visiting remote village and to see the true Papua and on his this visit (maybe) he have met with OPM people and I don't think he was joint the separatist. 
  3. He love to learn about culture and language so i think this is nothing wrong to meet with thus people to satisfied his own curiosity. That wrong because that is PAPUA. 
  4. He travel with short money so how he can support ammunition to them ( that is not reasonable) - I dont know maybe police have their own reason for this 

So for humanitarian reason I hope police to be wiser to Jakob so he will have his right to be free from jail and back to Poland to meet his friend and family.

FREEDOM FOR JACOB SKRZYPSKI

Jacob - source media online 

For more information you can read on this:
http://savejakub.blogspot.com/2018/10/free-jakub-please.html

https://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/366106/call-for-release-of-papuan-man-and-polish-citizen-charged-with-treason

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/world/2018/08/30/indonesia-detains-suspected-polish-journalist-in-papua/

https://www.vice.com/id_id/article/zm5nk9/turis-polandia-dituduh-bantu-makar-di-papua-padahal-terindikasi-dia-cuma-wisata-ekstrem

Share this if you care

0 comments:

Post a Comment