Friday, October 19, 2018

The Journey of Two Polish Girl in Aceh, Indonesia

Tamara and Goha at floating boat Banda Aceh
One of my hobby is to learn language, specially English language. At the beginning its difficult for me because limited friend to talk with in English also my accent is so Achenese,  even when I speak in Indonesian language my accent still so Achenese. while I was at school one of my lecture said to me like this "lage kameng eek ateuh batee" that time I was so sad I almost cried but then I looked into his eyes and my eyes said I will show you one day English language is not a problem anymore for me.
June 2012 I got an email from Goha a polish girl who studied Indonesin language in Jogjakarta. in that email she said she will travel Aceh with his friend Tamara. that was a good news for me and I accepted them in my house ( i hosted them) there is two reason: 1. I want to promote Aceh to foreign people; 2. This is a good way to learn language direct with native. We change each other phone number. Then the story begin:

One day I got text from Goha and she said they was on their way to Aceh. That I though they used flight that why I reply" If you were at airport don't forget to text me back" I did't get any reply back. even it was change to next day. I thought why they did't reply me or maybe they canceled their plan to Aceh. so I called Goha to make sure myself. Did you travel to Aceh and she said they were on their way to Aceh, not on flight? no we didn't because we used hitchhike. ehmmmmm miscommunication lol. They just arrived in Medan and on my thought they will reach Banda Aceh at 8 pm.

It was 8 pm but they didn't contact me yet, I was so scare maybe something happened to them so I texted Goha and she said they reached Lhokseumawe, ehm I felt save Alhamdulillah. From Lhokseumawe to Banda Aceh about 5 house so they will arrive in Banda Aceh around 1 am (midnight). Well I have time to rest for awhile. I told them I will waiting them at Rex Peunayong, then i felt sleep. I wake up at 2 am but I dont get any news from the girl. It was 2 am and me going out ? Oh my god,how I can go out at 2 am to main town. Suddenly I got text from Goha and she said they are to reach Peunayong soon at 3 am. This really horrible plan and miscommunication among us. I have to find way. Then I remember a friend of mine, his name Agung and hopefully he didn't sleep yet. Lucky me Agung still awake and I beg his hel p to accompany me to Peunayong to pick up Goha. We both went to peunayong at 3 am and we didn't find anyone there. Suddenly a car stop there and there were 2 Polish girl. Thank God. finally. .... They looked tired with 2 huge backpack. I said thank to driver and finally we were going to my home with motorbike. I reached home around 4 am, felt so sleepy. Time to sleep for a better energy tomorrow around Banda Aceh.

Next morning, we planed to make itinerary while there were in Aceh, because they just spent a day in Banda Aceh so I had to make it good so they can known Banda Aceh. So here was the itinerary for them: Aceh Museum; Tsunami Museum, Great Mosque, Mass Grave, Floating Boat, Boat on the roof top of the house and Lhoknga beach.

The first place we visited was  rumoh Aceh (Aceh traditional house), they were very interested. They were ask many questions which I could answer lol. Then we went to tsunami museum, there we watched documentaries movie of the tsunami  and look around, then we walked to coffee show near by the museum in Back Jade cafe while that I had change to learn a little Poland language which is I forgot all now. its 1:00 pm, meaning that I have to do Zuhr prayer, then we went to great mosque (Mesjid Baiturrahman). They have provided the hijab because i told them if you came to Aceh you have to wear not open clothes and just bring hijab and they respected the role, when we arrived to the mosque I helped them to put hijab. A secury guard came to us and asked me they are muslim or non - muslim, I said no the He remain me to not allowed then enter inside the mosque because non muslim not allow enter the mosque, they said yeah we just look around while you were prayer. Then I took ablution and prayer. After praying I heard there was a little noise, Oh God...... Goha and Tamara entered mosque and the guard so anger to me. I just finished my prayer ans suddenly he was so angry to me because that two girl entered mosque. Of course I told them to not entered to mosque but they were very impressed with the mosque which vilanny made them inside. I bag sorry to guard and he not should angry at me because i have reminded them to not enter but they themselves entered the mosque. I felt like so annoying with this guard guy huh.

I took ablution and prayer, after praying I heard there was a little noise, O Allah, they were both in the mosque and of course I was the target of the guards' anger, I reminded them not to enter but they were very impressed with the mosque, which finally made they go inside. I'm sorry and annoyed at the security guard why should he be angry with me? I have reminded them not to enter but they themselves entered.

Coming out from the yard of the Baiturrahman, me, Agung, Goha and Tamara laughed badly for our silliness and because of I was the target of the security guard's anger. I asked them why they entered the mosque they said they were interesting and just looking around and while in Turkey there were allow to enter the mosque. They said why the guard got so anger to me not to them. We walked while talk and laugh.

coming out of the courtyard of the mosque, the four of us laughed badly at the silliness and I was the target of the security guard's anger, I asked why they entered the mosque even though I reminded them, they said they wanted to see - see in the mosque and the security guard should not be angry - angry with you because you reminded us, we walked again towards the museum laughing and telling stories.

They said Aceh people is good and friendly and they were no lying, before they visited Aceh some of their friend were reminded and banned them to Aceh because people there was rude and there was an Islamic Sharia but they proved that Aceh was a safe and friendly place to visit. Even they never hears of any boys whistling when they pass, not like other places in Indonesia they have visited, many guys whistling with no respect ( this is their idea not me, please no offended.

Time was 4 pm and they continue their journey to Sabang, and for the places that have not beeb visited will be visited after return from Sabang. I drove them to port and they boarded with fast ferry to Sabang.

The moral from this story is:

  1. Respect other people 
  2. Make a new friend is make your life more colorful 
  3. my English language is not good but I am trying to write it in English, correct me if you know there is some mistake ( i know there is  a lot)
  4. You will not change yourself when you respect other people's culture
Note: I ever write this in my other blog but in bahasa Indonesia and I was delete that blog 

Kendari, 18 Oct 2018
Missing Aceh badly 
Love
Zaza






0 comments:

Post a Comment